It is a matter of record that Site Selection is the pioneering publication in the development field. The lineage goes back to 1883 with the launching of Manufacturers Record in Baltimore. It was the top business journal of its day and continued as the key source of information about new plants and expansions during the first half of the 20th century.
During the 1950s, McKinley Conway purchased Manufacturers Record from the grandson of its founder and merged it with his newly-launched Industrial Development and Site Selection. Subsequently, the title became Site Selection.
In January 2014, the magazine now called Site Selection will celebrate its 60th anniversary. To see the entire history of Site Selection and its parent company, Conway Data, please go here: